Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Two Holiday Shows, One Weekend

Yep, two fun holiday craft shows in Hamilton! Two of my favourite shows of the year, even.  I have done Merryberry Market in Westdale and Makers' Market on James St. North for 4 years now I think and they have become a big part of my own holiday season. It really doesn't feel like Christmas until we've had a bit of snow, and I've done these two shows. Happy to say, both of those things happened this weekend! We had so much snow on Friday in fact that the usual 20 minute drive to Westdale on city streets took about 1 full hour. Of course it has all been rained away but I'm hoping for a least a little white on the ground for the 25th.

Anyway, so we had Merryberry Market first which is a cute little show and fundraiser for Westdale Children's School. Only a small amount of vendors and lots of sweet little kids running around and playing Christmas songs.









So much holiday fun! These people are all some of the nicest people I've come across in Hamilton. A really nice warm night to end a snowy day. These are the kinds of shows that make me feel extra lucky I have the coolest job ever.

So we packed up and went home just to head downtown the next morning to the beautiful Christ's Church Cathedral on James St. North in Hamilton to set up for the Holiday Makers' Market show.



We were there and ready to go early so I got a few photos of some of the other vendors setting up in this beautiful space. I almost don't realize just how amazing it is until I look back at the pictures. 





There are these lovely green light covers in the church that give all the photos a sort of greenish glow but it really was a fun day. It was busy for most of the day and I was happy to spend the day talking to familiar customers and new ones as well as some of my favourite crafty vendor friends.



Lisa of Nerdbiskit, one of my loveliest friends, was only a table away. Check out those aprons. And hot beverages. It was a great day but a little coffee/tea pep never hurt anyone! Unless you spill it I guess. Anyway, it worked for me!



See? That's one happy Needlings' maker.

Thank you to everyone who came out to these shows to spend their hard earned money locally supporting local artists and crafters. I wouldn't be able to do this without you. If I could hug you all I would!

I hope to see some of you at our last show of the year this Saturday, Crafternoon Delight, at Dundurn and Aberdeen, 11am-4pm.

Thanks for stopping by, friends! See you soon!

No comments: