Sunday, August 25, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 302

Hey guys!

We're two weeks away from Locke Street Festival and three away from Supercrawl so there are a lot of little batches of things that need to be whipped up! Carefully, of course.

I finished working on a little batch of Owlings but not before filling a few orders for the Summer Owl Sale (that is now all finished.) Thank you so much for all of you that picked up a new Owl Mama this month! It's hard to believe Summer is already almost over and we're getting ready for Needlings six year anniversary at the end of September! Six years!





These are a few of my favourite colourways, in fact (good taste, guys!) - I need to remember to make a few more of these for the upcoming shows! It's funny how it comes in waves what colours tend to be popular - right now, things are looking pretty bright and pink - which I am totally ok with!

After all outstanding orders were all wrapped up and mailed off - I did a little display shopping - furry carpets and yarn for pompoms - and got my chalkboard contact paper in the mail! I have lots of vague plans for my display for One of a Kind Show later this year but piece by piece it'll come together officially - hopefully with lots of time to spare before the show and after testing a few display pieces at my outdoor shows in September!


The plan for the chalkboard is to make a new sign for Needlings and new little accent signs for the display. Here's the tester I made from a cute little mirror I picked up a few of a while back! Yep, it's a chalkboard!




And it works! Magical! I have some more plans for these in the future but left it for now and got to doing up a bunch more pompoms for the tent and Needlings goodies to fill it with of course!




Pretty excited to have finished these little guys up this week - on to kitties next!

I rewarded myself at the end of the week with visiting my dear friends, Lisa and Jen, at FanExpo on Friday!



This is my first year attending without vending and although I missed having the full exhibitor crazy four day experience a bit, it was fun to actually enjoy it for one day without the stress of getting ready for it! I think I made the right choice being that my year is already pretty busy with it being my first year of doing the One of a Kind Show Spring and Holiday shows in addition to the usual Needlings work. I need to make sure my hands stick around for awhile afterall.



Spent some time selling moustaches with Nerdbiskit then braved these crazy crowds just to get out of the convention centre! Fun!

Well, back to sewing! I'll see you all next week!

No comments: