Sunday, June 23, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 293

Happy Summer! It feels like it's been here for a little while now but it's official now and today especially felt like a steamy summer day! 

I, of course, spent some time in the workroom this week in addition to some fun out of doors activities but my week started out with scouring the internet for photos from Uglycon which took place a couple of weekends ago at Giant Robot in Los Angeles! Thankfully the gallery posted some photos for the artists that weren't lucky enough to be able to accompany their work - yay!



So there's my little Ugly Doll inspired gal on the gallery wall among some great pieces from other plush artists from all over! I feel quite honoured to have been asked to do it and pretty excited to see the photos pop up from the show. You can see more over on Giant Robot's website here.

I then spent the rest of the week finishing and getting together a big restock batch for Dots & Loops in Lunenburg which is finally ready to be on it's way to them! Finally! 





And off they go!

I am lucky enough to be starting a custom doll for a customer very shortly as soon as my materials arrive but I whipped up a very quicky rough sketch for layout/idea hashing purposes first.



It's been too long since I made a new doll so hopefully there will be more of them sooner than later once my supply shipment comes in and I have lots of furry hair colours to inspire me!

But for now I have some side jobs to take care of this week in addition to preparing some supplies and such to start thinking about restocking my own inventory for this year's busy big shows! Eee - so much to do!

And that's all she wrote - I'll see you next week lovely friends!

No comments: