Saturday, August 4, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 247

Happy August everyone! The next few week's blog recaps may be a little less text heavy because I am feverishly sewing away to have enough stock for Fan Expo in less than three weeks!  My to do list is scheduled out and the deadlines are etched in stone. (too dramatic?) 

Anyway, there are going to be lots of things churning out in the next few weeks and it will all be capped off with a super fun/crazy four days in Toronto at Fan Expo

Before I started work on a batch of Owl Mamas for Fan Expo, I finished up a restock for Dots & Loops in Lunenburg and sent it out!



I sent two purple cell sleeves out to a customer waiting on them at Homespun in Indiana. Restocks are on hold due to Fan Expo but they'll be next on the list for a bigger restock as soon as the dust settles after Fan Expo!



Oh yes, I also made a little treat for myself out of my custom Needlings fabric.  A skirt! I plan on wearing it to Fan Expo so I'll of course take some more pictures then! I'm really excited about being able to use up some more of my fabric supply on some skirts for myself.  It's always hard to find the time to sew something for myself but I'm glad I did!




I also had a small bookmark order to finish up this week before starting the last Fan Expo dash.



Then the owl cutting began...





Another sewing afternoon with my friend Lisa of www.Nerdbiskit.com helped me finish up all the owl faces.



The top right panel of the image shows Lisa's work - nerdy bags that will also be available at Fan Expo at her Nerdbiskit table just around the corner from Needlings!






Finished Owl Mamas and on to little Owlings!  Right on schedule!

I'll be back next week with lots more! Have a good weekend, friends!

No comments: