Saturday, April 21, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 233

Before work in the workroom started the week, I started with a trip to Chapters in Ancaster to check on my stock and see my new flipped around spot after the store reorganizing after Easter.




They're already almost in need of some more littles!  I had a few other restocks to finish before I get going on more for Chapters but I plan on stopping in this weekend to check in again. I'm excited they are doing well in such a big store surrounded by a bunch of manufactured plush. Go handmade!

Then, doodling...



I had a few more ideas for doodles this week and wanted to find a way to make use of them. The robot I made to use on my gift wrapping for a robot sale in the shop! I have some more ideas for printed items and tags floating around in my brain.





I'm really enjoying having an extra creative outlet within Needlings. Plus doodling is just fun. I've always done it anyway! My plush usually start out as doodles. 

So after the robot headed out to its future home, I decided to get some of these doodles framed and in the shop! I plan on having them at my next craft show in a couple weeks too!




I'll have to get a few more frames for the rest of them! It was fun to see these silly little drawings all printed out and framed.



Last, but not least, I got started on a batch of Owl Mamas for store number fifteen (!) for Needlings, Little Bird Hamilton, which is a very cute local kids shop.  I'll be dropping of a batch of goodies this coming Thursday which I'm excited about.  

In addition to finishing up and dropping off items at the new store, I'll be trying to get a head start on making enough stuff to fill my own table for my first craft show of the year on May 5th in Waterdown, Ontario!
Lots of stuff on the go as usual.

See you next week, friends.

No comments: