Monday, December 16, 2013

In the Workroom Recap (and out of the workroom winter adventures) : Week 318

Hello again! I'm going to try my best to get back in the habit of our weekly workroom recaps now that this year's shows are out of the way but I admit I still feel a bit disoriented in terms of what day, month (and year?) it is! Pretty intense couple of months, you guys. 

This week was spent finishing some more custom orders and getting my to do list straightened away for the remainder of the year and in to prepping for next year's shows!  I just know the Spring One of a Kind show will pop up before I know it so there's no end to it really! 








I have been having a lot of phone sleeve orders/requests after they sold out at One of a Kind earlier this month so I'm sure I'll be making lots of those in the next little bit (which is awesome - thank you!). I also have some store restocks to take care of soon so there's still lots to do!
I did take a little time to do some holiday things and fun stuff out of the workroom and I'm sure there will be a few more opportunities for that in the next couple weeks with Christmas/New Year being just around the corner.

One of the first things on the list this week was to get the family Christmas tree! We headed over to Bennetts in Ancaster, one of my favourite local places, just 2 minutes down the road and picked out a good fluffy Fraser Fir! Callie had fun chewing on any branches that fell and Gus has been happily sitting under it.




It's only half decorated at best but in the next few days we'll be breaking out the baskets of handmade ornaments and old favourites to cover it with. Christmas is my favourite.

After our first bit snow storm...


and some quiet snow day knitting inside...


We headed in to Toronto on Sunday to check out City of Craft, one of my fave craft shows to visit!


So many great things to see that we just had to brave the snow for it! Luckily the roads were all mostly cleared and I would have been pretty sad if we didn't keep up this new winter tradition!

And that was it for the week! It feels like a month all put in to one week - but nope - one week! Now on to the next one! I hope you are all getting excited for holiday breaks and family times! See you soon, friends!

No comments: