Monday, July 29, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 298

Hey guys! Can you believe I'm two weeks away from 300 weeks of Needlings? I can't believe it!

I wish I would have kept track of more things like amount of bags of stuffing used (well, I guess I could go back and look at the receipts) or how many eye sparkles I've sewn. Short answer guess is a whole lot! Way more than 300 probably.

Anyway, this week was about making and working behind the scenes on packaging for my little mini dolls that I plan on having a bunch of for One of a Kind Christmas Show in Toronto in December. I'm excited to try a few different things for packaging so the samples have been ordered and hopefully I'll have a few months to test some things before December pops up on me.

First I finished this little lady!




And this one!



A few more to go and I'll get them all named and up in the shop! I'm having fun using up some little fur bits for these girls before I get back to some big dolls. I also have a big pile of almost-robots that have been waiting to turn in to robots so they might pop up soon too!

I let my workspace get a little messier in the meantime but dolled up a bit for a planned sewing hang out with Lisa of Nerdbiskit but after a day of not feeling too great, we took the night off to drink some raspberry lemonade and chat instead.

                         

Lisa also 'shopped this magical thing to officially "doll" me up:



It cracks me up. Both horribly creepy and funny at the same time!

Since we're on the topic of me and all - I also recently came across this illustration that an artist from Vienna did of me! Such a cool thing to randomly come across!
                              

I love that she used a photo of me in my "work uniform" as inspiration! It also makes me miss my turquoise hair a little bit!

Well, that's it for the week! Here's a picture of Gus on my display trunk begging for cuddles for good measure.



See you next week!

No comments: