Sunday, April 14, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 283

My week started with packing up some orders and sending out some goodies with special cards.




I want to eventually get around to drawing all the one of a kind dolls I've made so when I say goodbye to them I have something to remember them by! Plus it's just fun for me, ok guys?

After those few jobs were out of the way I got down to biz on my application for the Christmas One of a Kind show. Yep, applying again! We'll have to see if I get in again of course but they have my requests anyway. I didn't have it in me to fill out the paperwork during the week of the Spring show but it's all out of the way now.



So exciting!

The next little thing I worked on was a little Thumbelina for the Plush TeamFairytale Challenge. I was a little late on getting her finished but I had to go with the late-coming inspiration anyway. I have plans on making a half-size option of my big art dolls so I thought this extra little one would be good practice. Plus I always loved the Thumbelina story.



She's now available in the Plush Team etsy shop for purchase, where you can read a little bit about my connection to the story and see a few more pictures of her.





She's little! And she has a little polka dot flower to lounge in. It's funny how being given an assignment of sorts helps me think of some new things I end up liking and wanting to make more of.  

The rest of the week was spent on some cell phone sleeves that will be added to a big bunch of goodies I'll be sending off to White Rabbit in Iowa City.



I'll be working on boring paperwork things like taxes next week but will hopefully have a few things to show you by the end of it.

See you then!

No comments: