Sunday, July 22, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 245


July is almost over and I can hardly believe it!  This week ended with an exciting twist which I will mention at the end of this post but the week started pretty much as usual with finishing up a bunch of phone sleeves for White Rabbit in Iowa City.








And finished! Printed some packaging for them and got them ready to go along with the batch of Owl Mamas from last week.



And in the box they all went! They should be making their merry way to Iowa City as we speak.

In addition to this order I whipped up a little something for myself as well as planned a new additional project before Fan Expo next month (wishful thinking that I can fill everything in).



A little hairbow made with original design Needlings fabric!  This was my first little project made from Spoonflower fabric (Spoonflower is a company that prints custom design fabric) and I'm really excited about potential future ones.  I'll definitely keep you updated! In the meantime I'll be enjoying my new owl bow.



Now, my initial plan for this weekend was to finish up this little batch of Littles for Chapters in Ancaster...



BUT this little lady had other plans for me...



This sweet little one year old girl is the new addition this week. We found her scared, hungry and alone on the side of the highway late on Friday night out in the country. We were told by the SPCA that she has been running around that area (Caledonia) for about a month, being fed donuts at the local Tim Horton's but not allowing anyone to catch her. We've checked back through the SPCA for people with missing beagles like her as far back as March and didn't come up with any matches. They seem to believe someone may have dropped her off in the country unwanted which is heartbreaking.
We took her to the vet and are in the process of getting her all fixed up but of course will be happy to give her a home if we can't find the one who lost her or is looking for her. She's really so sweet and appreciative of her new indoor home. Gus the cat is still adjusting to a new "friend" in the house but hopefully they can figure out some sort of aggreement soon if she'll be sticking around.  She's been tentatively named "Cale" (prounouced "Callie) because we found her in Caledonia.
She's a busy little bee so I haven't been able to do much sewing but I'm back to it today now that she has settled down a bit and all her medications/vaccinations are out of the way.

We'll see how it goes this week! Wish us luck! 

No comments: