Saturday, May 5, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 234


Hi guys!


This week was a busy one as I had my first craft show of the year on Saturday.  My last one was in December! My longest stretch between shows since starting in 2007! As I concentrate more on stocking the retailers that carry Needlings, I've had to cut back on shows a bit. Luckily I had the week to stock my table and work out some display issues that will hopefully cut out some work before shows later this year!

Oh, that was boring! Sorry! So, blah, blah, blah, I had to make some Needlings to fill the Needlings table!

I started with Owl Mamas, of course!





Finished! Then I was on to some Littles!  

I wasn't sure how much time I had so I decided on sticking with some Minou Kitties, Little Robots, and some Happy Ninjas!



Then faces!





And finished!

Next I stared at my stock and thought, "Is that enough to fill an eight foot table?" After deciding that I wasn't entirely sure and also wanting to work out a new Spring set up to include a few framed prints, I did a test set up for my own peace of mind!



I used to do these test set-ups before a lot of shows when I first started but I haven't for a couple years now! It helped me set up in the morning without too much decision-making needed before I could wake up a bit and get some tea or coffee or both. Not really a morning person!

I thought it was looking pretty full but I was in need of some new signage.



I'm always surprised how long these kinds of things take! But I was happy with the results - some price signs and two new Needlings table signs including a banner than I am pleased to say worked out how I wanted on the first try instead of having to recut things or reprint anything! Although the "l" is upside down... We can't all be perfect, friends. Especially not at midnight on the night before a show.

I spent Friday evening packing everything up and getting ready to get everything in the car and head out to Waterdown early Saturday morning!  I'll do a separate post for the show but that ends the workroom recap for the week!

Lots of things planned for week 235 including packing up a box of goodies for Nice Things Handmade, a store in Philadelphia, and on to more owls for more store restocks! It's neverending and I couldn't be gladder about that!

See you soon!

No comments: