Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 1: An Introduction

I’m Heather. I’m 23 for the next 20 days and I live in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada which is why “endeavor” will be “endeavour”. Having just finished my B.A. in English last year and feeling like I’m not sure where I should take it or myself for that matter…I’ve been working at a book store and attempting the seemingly more and more popular endeavour of selling stuff on Etsy.com.


It’s been about a month of selling my plushies, The Needlings and it has been less cliche feeling and more satisfying and fun than I thought it would be. I’ve seen lots of shops I don’t think I would have found otherwise and have had lots of lovely feedback which is part of what I love about the Etsy community. Sure, I’ve only sold two little guys but it has made me feel like I’m moving towards more of what I want to do and it lets me think up cute new little faces, names and stories; it allows me to write. Carlos’ help of course, especially “in the beginning,” has been awesome as I don’t think I’m the type, unfortunately, that believes many, if any, of her creative endeavours are worth showing off. I have ideas though and I would hate for them to be stifled purely by insecurity. I’m more stubborn than I am timid.

So I think I’ll try to use this blog to keep my ideas in order and help me let you know what’s going on or coming next. I’ve got lots of ideas. I’ll tell you first.













No comments: