Saturday, August 17, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 301

I'm late again! If it makes you feel any better, I totally completely forgot about it instead of the usual, "oh, I need to do my recap tonight - in the morning - this afternoon - this evening - tonight - in the morning," thinking about it. Makes me feel better anyway!

I started off the week finishing up that batch of Little Robots!





They will be stock for next month's shows and in the meantime you can find them in the shop and at a few various shops perhaps in and around your place of residence. 

After a bunch of supply restocking and display shopping, including more yarn for pom poms and fancy fluffy carpets for One of a Kind, I got to work on a batch of Little Owlings!



I think one of the things that keeps me going when making a bunch of something I've made bunches of before is putting together new colourways and combinations everytime. I make a lot of the same popular ones and my favourites everytime but I always end up throwing in a new one or two. That sort of sounds like "oo, shiny," of me but I guess that's sort of accurate. Colours!!!

I finished handsewing and embroidering the faces and took a little break to try out another one of those doll display options I mentioned last week. I think I'm going to go with the doll stands and I haven't decided on the packaging yet. I like the plastic packaging but I would rather go with a more eco-friendly option so I'm looking at lots of kraft paper boxes and washi tape instead! It's all very exciting stuff...



So that's it for the week! I'm a little further ahead on the owls and have some larger owl orders to fill but I'm hoping to have these little guys all finished up this week and more pompoms made for the old craft show display!

See you for the next one!

No comments: