Monday, August 12, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 300

300 weeks! Confetti!

Actually, besides running the 50% off all Owl Mama sale in the Needlings etsy shop, it was a pretty standard week for Needlings! Locke Street Festival and Supercrawl are now a month away so there are lots of things to stock up on in addition to the regular restocks. One month! Less than that for Locke Street really!  This is the first year in three years that I won't be doing FanExpo at the end of August so at least I have a little bit less to worry about that most years at this time but with One of a Kind Holiday Show coming up at the end of the year - there will continue to be lots to do in the coming months that's for sure!

I'm still working on display elements for the full tent display where all my Needlings will be set up with knit by The Nature of Mary Jane (AKA my mom!) so I did some painting of more display elements.



I love the lining of this little vintage case! I thought a few of my vintage suitcases would work well with my big display trunk so they'll be added to the mix in some way! They'll have some little dolls or knits or some such thing in them - I'll figure it out!

The weather was also pretty amazing so I did some robot sewing on the balcony! So nice!



This stack is coming along and should be finished up some time this week!  



Sewing through the night as usual!

I also got my packaging samples that I tried out on my new little dolls!



I think the size will work but I still have one or two more ideas to look in to before I make my final commitment...Serious stuff, guys!

A few non-workroom things that happened this week:

- Visited Nerdbiskit at Art Crawl on James N in Hamilton

I haven't been able to do the monthly art crawls this year so it was nice to live through Lisa a bit and it was fun to see lots of familiar local faces!

- Potter painting and friend birthday celebrations.

The next day we had planned to go paint some pottery for Tandy's birthday so I drew her up a little gift beforehand and then we all painted one little tea mug for Tandy to keep. Fun stuff!




-Small world photo proof.

I was also pretty excited to get a little photo from a Plush Team member, Diane Koss who took a vacation in Lunenburg and came across one of my Owl Mamas in the window of Dots and Loops on their second birthday! So exciting! I love when the world gets small like that!



Such a cute store!

So that's it for the week! Back to work!

Don't forget this is still a thing!


See you all next week!

No comments: