Sunday, April 7, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 282

Back in the workroom! We'll go ahead and skip week 281 which was spent mostly at the One of a Kind Show with a few days of scrambling beforehand to get things together and ready for the studio/car/convention hall transition. 

But that's all behind us now! I will admit that I had a pretty slow week after the craziness of five 13-15 hour days in a row but I still managed to get some orders out and get my own space back in order after it was sufficiently torn apart before, during, and after One of a Kind! So not completely behind us but almost there!

After a couple days of relaxing recovery time which involved lots of kitty and puppy cuddles and movie watching, I got to work on a little robot order!



Notice the close up shot to cut out the disarray all around...

I don't make these big robots as much as the little ones but custom orders for them are fun for me. I got to thinking about big robots with bowties so that might be a thing at some point...

Next, I packaged up some more orders and decided that new doll owners will get special little sketches. I plan on doing some more illustrations of my girls in the future, mostly because I think it's fun and because I get a little sad when they find new homes and leave me forever.




And then a day of reorganizing and rehanging! I really should have taken a before picture since no one ever believes my desk is messy but I swear it was!! 




Ah, much better! I still have a big ol' stack of felt scraps that has yet to be dealt with but everything else, for the most part, is back in order.

Which is good because I have a couple store restocks to get to work on in the coming weeks! First up is a big batch of goodies for White Rabbit in Iowa City which shouldn't take me too long to finish up hopefully!
Table space helps!

Well, that's it for the week! I'll see you after the next one, friends!

No comments: