Sunday, May 20, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 236

Another week over and another recap post here! I'm only almost a day late with it so hopefully you will forgive me.

This week has been about owls and some design work. It's getting close to that time where I need to make a big business card/tag order which means it's time for a little redesign! I like to fancy myself a graphic designer for Needlings sake and change things around a little whenever I get the chance.


 
(Front) (Back)

I think this is the final edit! (And they will be printed with rounded corners, of course.)

Another reprint and redesign for our address labels and new print stuffs were all taken care of.  It's amazing how long it takes to decide on something so simple. I have all the respect in the world for graphic designers!

So back to sewing for me.





Almost all finished and stuffed! This big batch of Owl Mamas will be on my table at Mayfair, a fun event in Westdale at the Aviary put on by Westdale Children's School, next Saturday.  Lots more to take care of this coming week but a full table should be managed with lots of other Needlings goodies I think.



This is my first Spring event for the school but if it's anything like the Merry Berry Market they put on in November with lots of little ones running around playing music then it should be great fun. And of course my mom will be there with me with her knits


So, In the midst of the design and owl work, I snuck in a couple girly little doodles on the Needlings worktable.




The plan is to get a few more of these printed, framed, and up in the shop very shortly.

So that wraps up the week! It has been really beautiful out lately so I'm hoping it holds up for the outdoor Mayfair event on the 26th. And then just in general because I like it. I also like rain though so that will be fine too but on days other than the 26th, thank you very much.

I hope you have a nice week, friends. ♥

No comments: