Friday, March 30, 2012

OotD - Or Outfits of the Week

I did a few outfit posts this week so I thought I would compile them in to one here.


I'm still sewing away on a Needlings restock for Chapters but had a few other things going on and haircut to get this week that took me away from my worktable. I also used henna powder on my hair for the first time a couple days ago.  If any of you have used it you will know that it's a weird and muddy process of slopping green mud on your head and hoping for the best. Eventually it ended up clean and a little red - you might be able to see the red in the last outfit photo here. It was actually fun to smear mud around a little bit. I never was a very messy kid though so I didn't make too much of a mess.


This is what I wore on the photo walk earlier this week.  I did put shoes on at some point though - no hiking through the woods barefoot for me.  Although it would go with the mud in the head nature woman thing I was feeling from the henna later in the week...


       
This was haircut day. This gold dress from Ruche was a Christmas gift and is now one of my favourites although I've only worn it a handful of times so far. I think when the weather gets warmer I'll be breaking it out more often.


       
And this is post haircut and henna so it's a little redder. Maybe? I also wore contacts for a minute in a rare move. It's so weird not to have my big ol' glasses on my face except when I'm sleeping now. I think I'll stick with them.

This is a thrifted wool sweater that I love and have to get as much wear as possible out of before the weather gets warmer. I'm like a fussy baby wearing wool unless it's really cold out. I think a lot of people must agree because I always see sweet wool sweaters at thrift stores.

So that's that!  Today I am in some slippers and my favourite cozy sweater and doing some hardcore Needlings sewing and catching up on my encore watching of The Killing before the premiere on Sunday.

Enjoy your weekends everyone! See you soon
!

No comments: