Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Couple Projects

Hello anyone - not everyone yet, I'm sure.


The first project I've been working on this past week is for the Etsy Plush Street Team which involves a plethora of plushie letters. Mayabella and Kezzaroo, two great plush artists and Plush Team members, organized a great fun project to make a plushie banner to send to Etsy Admin. I got the "T" in team, and I'm so excited to see all of the letters strung together. Fun first team project!
Check out the Plush Team blog, lots of fun plushie reading and great artists to check out.



Since, as you see, my "T" is ready to be shipped off, I've been working on another different and really great project with Hanna from Texas who I meant through Etsy and is putting together craft kits for teenage girls in an Ethiopian orphanage to make and sell with hopes of them finding more positive ways to support themselves as they outgrow the orphanages. So I've been putting together a little kit for making just a small simple, but still very cute, version of my Needlings that I think any new parent going over to adopt would like to have. I'm in the process of writing a little tutorial that is hopefully going to be simple enough for these young girls who may or may not have sewing skills to follow (once translated by Hanna's helpers). I immediately felt this was an awesome project to be involved with and it warms my heart to think that my silly little hobby can potentially improve someone's quality of life. I commend Hanna and her husband's efforts and am excited to be able to help.

That'll be it for today I suppose. Off to organize my newly bought felt supply.

(Note on blog title: it is Day 2 I realize but I figure I need to buck that trend of numbered blog titles before it gets ridiculous.)

No comments: