Monday, July 15, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 296

Hello! It's Monday night which means I'm a solid day and half-ish late on my workroom recap but you'll have to forgive me! I'm sure you will too - because you're the best!

This week started with a fun mail, my fur delivery! Which sounds like a super fancy luxury designer thing to say but of course it's faux and crazy coloured and destined for doll heads. (ie: not that fancy.)



That top one is a pretty light blue, then yellow, turquoise and hot pink. Exciting stuff! I didn't get a chance to use it yet this week but I did use the black from the last shipment and a little bit of green for a special custom order mini doll!

First I took some time to make a few more pom poms! Lots to go if I'm going to have a pom pom covered booth for my outdoor shows but luckily I have a couple months left before they spring up on me.



Then I was asked by a customer to make a mini version of my already mini Thumbelina doll for her daughter to hang from her backpack. I made her as small as I could and I was really happy with how she turned out! I hope her daughter loves her!




So little! I was pretty excited about how small I was able to get her so I might have to add this size to my collection. First I have plans to make more the size of the bigger Thumbelina though. There are always so many things to make!

The rest of my week involved some gift making - a bunch of goodies that were sent off to my oldest best friend Jenny in Iowa City Iowa who is expecting a little baby boy in August and a doll for my other dear friend Lisa of Nerdbiskit who was celebrating her birthday.

After I did a bunch of jungle illustrations for Baxter's nursery - I made him a matching monkey and banana rattle. Then a little owl family and baby blanket for good measure.





Happy to say they loved everything! I can't wait to hopefully visit Iowa soon after baby Baxter is born!

And here's the doll I made for non-baby Lisa! A little doll version of Lisa all decked out in Nerdbiskit colours and the Nerdbiskit logo.




Cutest pair of dolls!

And that was it for the week! I've been in the process of tidying up my work room to get ready for a photo and video shoot for The Hamilton Spectator which is scheduled for this Thursday. Eep. I'll let you know how it goes!!

But for now, here's the before! (Messy messy messy)



See you soon!

No comments: