Monday, July 16, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 244


Hi guys!


I'm a bit in to week 245 here with the recap for the week because there were some issues with my website host being down for the better part of my recap writing time. I never realized I had such a regular blog writing schedule going but add a weird computer hiccup and a generally busy day and I almost forgot about my recap! And then where would we be?! I know, it's really an outrage but anyway, here it is.



I'll start with a silly phone photo while waiting to mail a big restock box to Wholly Craft in Columbus. (I now have Instagram so please do add me on your phones if you'd like - username: Needlings)
Thanks to the wonderful technology of parcel tracking, I can inform you that everything is all settled in to Wholly Craft by now so if this is a local spot for you, go look at it! It's also just a super great shop that you should go check out anyway. 

So back to sewing...



With the exception of a fun little trip to visit friends Toronto (which I will blog about soon) and another fun coworker day with Lisa of Nerdbiskit, this week mainly consisted of work on a batch of Owl Mamas for White Rabbit in Iowa City.



Lisa, who makes catnip filled cat toys, decided to feed my little Gus monkey a lidful of her potent catnip while we sewed. He was definitely the least civilized out of the three of us for the rest of the afternoon. And really didn't offer any help as usual.



Despite lots of talking and cat gawking, I still managed to get lots of work done!



I know, it never looks very exciting at that stage...



But I finished! Well sort of. Ran out of stuffing so two of these guys will remain deflated until I stock up on some supplies.



I also had some general wrapping of orders to do and some other behind the scenes work to take care of - some of which involves some new pinback buttons for shows and packages! Which is exciting!

Well that wraps up week 244! This week will hopefully be more sewing and finishing things up!
I hope you all have lovely productive weeks and I will see you soon!

No comments: