Sunday, June 24, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 240 & 241

This week's post is a two week recap because last weekend the Needlings computer had a bit of an accident so I was without it while it was getting repaired and unable to blog (oh no!).  It's all healthy and good to go now though so get ready for a long one!

First I had to finish an order for a new store in California:







And finished! I was quite happy with this order. I don't get a chance to make as many bags as I'd like but being that my busy show season is coming up in a couple months, I think I will make some time for more.

So after I boxed and mailed that big order I thought I would give my brain the chance to make something new. So I took the time to make another one of my one of a kind fuzzy haired dolls.



This was the early stages before I made a few colour/design changes.





I was happy with how she turned out, strange thing she is. She has been dubbed Flora F. Fairweather and ishttps://www.etsy.com/listing/102153747/flora-f-fairweather-one-of-a-kind-kawaii" target="_blank">available in the shop.

While I was finishing her up, a few restock requests came in so as soon as I cleared the worktable of any green fuzzies, I started with some keychains for Kid Icarus in Toronto.






Then off they went! I must admit I get a little too pleased when things fit in boxes perfectly...

I then had another little change of pace when a customer asked for a custom Ghostface plush (from the Scream movies).




Then off he went! Or she. I won't spoil any of the movies for you just in case you haven't seen them yet...



I then got to work on a small batch of Littles as part of a restock bunch for Young Blood in Atlanta.  Before I was able to sew them up, my worktable temporarily filled up after an exciting mail day when I got some more felt supplies in, Needlings' new business cards/tags, and our parking pass for the Toronto Convention Centre for Fan Expo in August! So exciting!



I supressed the excitement of course, and cleaned off the work table again to finish up the littles and get started on some cell phone sleeves!



And that's where we leave off for next week! Almost finished with those then they'll be off to Atlanta!

That was a busy one! Next week will take care of Young Blood's restock and I'll get started on two more restock bunches for Wholly Craft in Columbus, Ohio and White Rabbit in Iowa City.

I'll see you next week - barring any more computer disasters.  

Happy summer! ♥

No comments: