Friday, February 24, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 225

A week later and I'm back with another workroom recap!  


I've pushed my vacation back a week for various reasons so that'll give me one more week to finish some things up and do another workroom recap post before I leave next Sunday. Hopefully we'll get some sort of muscle memory blog post thing going after the third one so you can rely on my return. Thankfully I'm keeping busy so I don't doubt there will be multiple things crossing my worktable weekly!

This week started with paperwork.  As promised - boring boring paperwork.



Accompanied by a big ol' cup of tea.  I managed to get a lot of things from last year straightened away so taxes won't be too overwhelming when I return from vacation. Exciting! Not really, I know.
Then, because numbers exhaust me, I picked up a new doll idea I had started sketching and working on earlier in an attempt to feel like a creative person again instead of a grown-up pantsuit office person (not that there is anything wrong with that).
You could actually see her half cut on the shelf on my worktable awaiting some attention for at least a few weeks of workshop photos if you look closely.
Here are a few progress shots before I finished her:





Done! I felt creatively rejuvinated after all that boring number stuff and was left with this crazy girl, Wilhelmina W. Wasserman to put up in the shop!



Here she is hanging out on my worktable with my Plush You dolls!



Now on to the usual Needlings suspects!



I started cutting some Little Robots and Owl Mamas that I'll be working on this week (and in parts, possibly, while I'm away). My plan for the week is to finish the robots and prep the owl faces to take away with me when I'm away, although depending on what comes up this week or not, this might change. Nothing is set in stone!
  
Then of course I'll be packing bags and tieing up loose ends and all that other stuff one does before they go away although that won't be very interesting - although I am an excellent packer. Even the customs officers who go through my bags have complimented me on how much I fit in such a small bag! The key is rolling everything in tiny clothing burritos. But I digress...

See you next week with a worktable recap before the Needlings workshop shuts down for a little bit!

No comments: