I hope to see you more often than it has been.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
These are my new note cards featuring my product photography printed by moo.com!
I thought they needed a little home so I made a felt envelope to hold the little set of 4 cards and envelopes. It's fun trying out new things. I'm still working on a few more holiday-y items so look out for those if you are so inclined.
I spent today doing a little Christmas shopping for my mom...I seem to always start with her because she's just the easiest. I love shopping for her. On the off chance she reads this I won't say what I got but I will say that I think she'll like all of it. My dad and brother always require serious spying, prying, and list-making. Thankfully, I am a cool-headed late shopper so I still have some time!
Speaking of holiday shopping...
I'm officially letting you all know that I have free shipping worldwide in my shop until December 1st! No excuses to empty out those favourites now. (wink wink)
I hope everyone is enjoying the starting signs (or full on pleasant/unpleasant effects) of winter coming.
If you hate winter...don't fret - it always goes away eventually. And if you love it...enjoy it until it is over and then don't fret - it always comes back again.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
I've had a busy beginning of November getting ready and finally actually doing MacFair at the Museum of Art the past few days.
It was an overall pleasant first show for me and I was lucky enough to have my mom there the whole time.
This photo is of my set up before the show started and only experienced a little shifting and replacing of items over the span of the three day show. Definitely happy with how it turned out!
It was busier than I thought it would be and there really were no disasters or even almost disasters and I am now feeling ready to agree to more shows...which is exciting!
It was super nice to be able to talk to a few people who are really right there with me in a lot of ways. I'm really too much of a homebody most of the time so I really liked meeting some really sweet people.
Oh, and tomorrow is my birthday! Not a bad November so far.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
In the middle of all my tagging and pricing prep for MacFair Thursday, Friday, and Saturday...I decided to make a tiny owl.
Added a little ring and ribbon and I think he makes the perfect little owly necklace!
I hope everyone's November is starting out as pleasant as mine has been.
Busy with work but definitely good.
I'll be spending the next couple of days frantically working to prepare for my show but I hope to see you all following the weekend with some good words (and photos) from my first big show!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
It's Saturday night and I've finished another new doll!
My weekend is never much of a break in the week since I work at 7am both Saturday and Sunday so my work week soldiers on as usual.
It was quite a rainy day today but I managed to get a few photos taken between sun showers which made me quite happy.
I wish it were snowy so she could have a wintery background to suit her rosy red cheeks but these will do for now.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Well, here she is all finished up! And she's up in the shop too.
My plan is to get a few done to add a few punches of pattern to my table at MacFair!
First one down, polka dots!
I've been working on another one that's a little more Christmas-y looking. Red and white to be exact. With some vintage floral print legs. It's fun to work with patterned fabric every once in awhile on things other than bags.
Happy last weekend of October! I always miss October when it's over. But November is my birth month so the longing doesn't last too long!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I finally finished a big batch of pouches I've been working on and they're now up in my shop!
My fingers are quite glad that the ordeal is over but I didn't give them much of a break to be honest:
I've spent the past little bit finishing up that new doll that I'll be showing off very soon.
Can you believe how hard I'm working?
Talk soon and thanks for checking back with me; as always.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Just started working on this new doll last night while watching Pushing Daisies (I love that show).
I hope to get a few dolls (my felt plush with fabric legs) finished before MacFair...among a few other things!
Back to work! Hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday!
P.S. There will be a new batch of snap pouches in the shop very very soon!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
- 08:15 Why am I awake? #
- 09:06 Katie in the shop! tinyurl.com/3jyof7 #
- 09:06 Fern in the shop! tinyurl.com/4klb49 #
- 10:16 today I have to: keep working on ridiculous quantity of pouches, shop for more MacFair supplies (bags, rack for totes, etc.), and vote! #
- 16:15 voted! #
- 18:11 so happy with all the stuff I got for my craft fair display today! Less nerves and more excitement! #
- 21:57 listening to Penelope by Pinback #
- 23:22 is quite happy to be heading to bed tonight. #
Monday, October 13, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
- 05:29 why does my cell phone not let me know I have a new voicemail until the absolute middle of the night...5 hours after the message was left? #
- 12:58 working on a batch of pouches for MacFair and taking photos of Owl Mamas. #
- 13:05 Peter back in the shop: tinyurl.com/4hvwwh #
- 13:49 what is going on with my camera? #
- 14:04 just listed a new Owl Mama in the shop! www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16115842 #
- 14:24 and another one! www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16116649 #
- 14:53 not looking forward to working 7am-3:30pm tomorrow but really looking forward to my Thanksgiving (Canadian) 3 day "weekend." #
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Remember when I started this? Me neither. June, I believe.
I absolutely love knittydirtygirl's yarn! http://knittydirtygirl.etsy.com
Now I have an excellently green scarf to go with my purple jacket.
So I always get lost and will
never possess such a perfect display kitchen...
but one trip to Ikea and I feel loads better about MACFair
that's coming up in a little under a month.
Two little metal shelve-y step-y things,
a little pink stool,
and a bright yellow metal storage pail,
and I feel like I'm almost there.
All I need is a rack of some sort for my totes.
Email me if you have any leads!
Here's my "test set up."
Don't mind the currently empty signs
and random bits of clutter scattered about!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
- 11:15 waiting for yummy French onion soup lunch in the oven...working on knitting various straps for unplanned bags. #
- 16:02 working on a custom snap pouch. I love when someone else picks great colours I haven't put together yet. #
- 16:34 still sewin' flickr.com/photos/needlings/2910795028/ #
- 17:43 and done! flickr.com/photos/needlings/2910911842/ #
Friday, October 3, 2008
- 10:31 did inventory on baking books section at work today...yeah, I'll be making some cupcakes after lunch. #
- 12:26 checking out www.voteforenvironment.ca/ ....Harper must go! #
- 17:15 is continually unimpressed with Great Big Sea. #
- 20:16 watching the debates...the American and the Canadian both. So far, I have determined that the Americans have superior sound guys. #
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
The next month has been jumping up on me
too quickly lately.
I managed to get a new tote in the shop today.
A mushroom one:
I spent some time joining Twitter today.
Which is a fun little blogging update sort of site
for quick updates or those with short attention spans.
If I can fully figure it out...you may find some of my "tweets"
making their way over here every once in awhile.
But in the meantime,
you can see them here!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago seems to have
been quite the wet one.
My wonderful fellow Plush Team
members who went to Chicago to
work our booth spoke of a happy weekend,
though wet, and not as busy as hoped.
I'm just thrilled to have been able to participate
and look forward to many awesome
Plush Team events in the future.
Hopefully a few I will attend in person as well!
photo credit: moogancreations.etsy.com
photo credit: susarto.etsy.com
The booth looks amazing in the photos, doesn't it?
So many awesome Plush Team plush!
On a serious note,
I hope everyone who was affected by Ike is
with power and safety soon if not already.